Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Teacher Appreciation Week





I'm the Homeroom Mom for Abby's Kindergarten class, and in May we had a Teacher Appreciation week. I thought I did a pretty good job. On Monday, we gave her a memory book. I had all the kids send a picture and a letter to the teacher telling her what they liked about her or Kindergarten. I was sad that 7 students didn't send anything, so I went up to school and had them each write and note, and I took their picture. I just couldn't not have their picture in the book. I was glad I did it, becuase she showed the book to the class and they were all excited that their picture and note was in there. I also made an apron for her which I had all the kids sign and then I embroidered their names on it and attached a ribbon. What was I thinking! I thought 20 names wouldn't take me long, but I was glad I gave myself more than a week to get it done. Then all of the Kindergarten classes went togther and purchased a tree and a plaque to be planted in honor of the teachers. My friend Kendra and I spent Thursday night planting it all by ourselves! We are crazy, but we had a lot of fun. It's been a while since I have laughed that hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home