Thursday, March 29, 2007

WE WON!!!!!



I had my Sweet Adeline competition this last weekend in Richardson, TX. We are so excited that we won the contest. Not only did we place first, but we beat the 2nd place chorus by 47 points! This means in fall of 2008, we will be competing internationaly in....HAWAII!!! I'm so excited! Steve and I are really going to work hard this next year and see if we can swing bringing all 4 of us to the competition for a wonderful vacation! Steve is such a great dad, and took such good care of the girls while I was gone. They were on spring break so he had to take a day off of work. Abby and him were sick at the beginning of the week, and I was just glad that they got well and that Jilly and I didn't catch it before I left. He took them to the circus the first day. He also took them fishing, to the park, and flew kites. They had a great time! I had the camera with me, so he didn't get any pictures. i should have left it with him though because these are the only 3 picutes I took! I forgot that you cannot take pictures of the actual competition! To explain the pictures: I play Britney Spears in one of the songs that we sing. For the "Big Show" on Satuday night (after we won, we thought it would be funny if I wore a bald cap with a wig on top of it. Then, when it was time for "Britney" during the show, I took the wig off and was bald like she is. My dad was in the audience and said it was SO funny. With the light shining on the bald cap, you could see my hair thru it and it looked like stubble. So it really looked like I had shaved my head! The other picture is of my friend, Sherry. I thought it was such a cute picture. She is looking at our medal after we had won Saturday afternoon. Just like me, this was her first medal! Can't wait for Hawaii!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home