Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Day




Abby started her first day of school today! I can't believe that she is a kindergartner already! Where did the time go? She had a great day! She played outside, colored a picture of herself and made a new friend (as if that's a shocker!). Her new friend is the girl in the butterfly shirt. We don't know her name yet. I told Abby that she will probably not be wearing that shirt tomorrow and she might want to remember her name. I'm going to take her early to school tomorrow and buy her an account in the cafeteria. She will eat breakfast there on Tuesday and Thursday so that I can get to sonshine school on time. She is so excited about it (mostly because her Memaw works in a cafeteria) that we are going to have to try it out tomorrow instead of next week like I had planned. I'm so glad that she likes school so much and is so eager to go. Even if it did mean a few tears on my part! :(

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Chrissey said...

That's funny...Rielyn said she made a friend too, but she couldn't remember her name either!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger bkumor said...

Oh, how grown-up she looks...a beautiful lady now! Kindergarten is lots of fun.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Cecily said...

I still think Jilly had the best idea. "It will be ok Mom, lets go get some donuts to make you feel better". I love the headband! Thats my beautiful granddaughter there!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home