Saturday, July 01, 2006

I'm a big bullfrog and God loves me!




I started to notice that all of my titles had the word "fun" in them, so I'm trying to get creative! Steve dug up our front flower bed last weekend. The builders didn't lay a tarp down first in the flower beds so we keep fighting weeds, small trees, grass, etc..I cleaned up the back porch and tried to make it look nice so that we will sit out there more often. As I was sweeping it off Abby came up to me and showed me that she had found a little frog. He was so cute! I told her to be very careful with him because if she squeezed him too hard he would die. She was very careful and even gave her sister a turn to hold him. At one point we thought the little guy had bit the dust, but he was fine! (No animals were injured in the making of this blog). Then Daddy found a big frog in the front flower bed. To my amazement Abby had a great time chasing him around the yard and picking him up. Jillian, my dare devil, was fine with the little frog, but the big one freaked her out a little bit. So it was decided that Jillian would have the little frog and Abby would have the big frog. Jillian named hers Sarah, of course. (That is what Jillian names everything when we ask her if something has a name). I don't believe that Abby named hers. We played with them for a while and then let them go back to their homes in the yard. It was pretty cute! Just to let you know how small the little frog is, Jillian is holding it in the picture.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger bkumor said...

That is sooo precious. I remember playing with those tiny things when i was little. Once my sister and i opened the round lid thingy...um...like the water meter or something...and found about 20 of them! Our kids have never seen any, though. What's that 'tarp' thing all about? I wonder if ours has one.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You lay down a tarp before you plant yout shrubs/ flowers and then put the mulch down. It keeps all the weeds and things you don't want from coming up and looking ugly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home