Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Birthday

I had an AWESOME 30th Birthday! I really thought it was going to be just plain tireing (sp?) because I had an all day choregraphy rehearsal for Sweet Adelines from 10-3. i also knew that I needed to finish packing for our trip to Mississippi (which is where I'm currently at). My mom got me in rehearsal and made me wear this pen that said "Oh no the big 3-0" and then all down the ribbon it said old old old, etc.... Then I called Steve to let him know that I was on my way home. I heard a lot of noise in the background and asked him where he was, and he said my parents house. I knew right then that there must be a party there. As we pulled down the street I saw a bunch of cars that I recognized, and even though mom tried really hard to cover it up, I knew! It was a great surprise! Lots of family and friends, good fellowship, cake, and of course presents! I got some really great things. Thank you Kim for the fiber supplement! You can see pictures of my birthday in our photo album that Steve set up. I don't know how to get pictures from there and put them into the blog from Mississippi, so you will just have to go there and look. I will explain the picture about the ring though. The ring on the bottom is my original engagement ring that Steve proposed with. I have always loved it. When we had been married just 8 months, I lost the diamond out of my wedding set that wrapped around my engagement ring and was soddered to it. The lady at the jewlery store told us that we couldn't unsodder jewlery once it had been soddered so Steve bought me a new ring. Although I like the ring, it just doesn't ahve the same sentiment to me. I found out a while ago that you can unsodder rings so I've been telling Steve that I wanted my engagement ring unsoddered and put with a simple band. That is what I ended up with (with help from Leann, of course). Needless to say, I LOVE it and cannot stop looking at it. I cried when he gave it to me. I have to say it was the best birthday that I can ever remember having! Thank you everyone!

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Mike Morton said...

SO Where are these pictures? :-)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mike Morton said...

Nevermind... found it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home