Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mississippi moon won't ya keep on shinin' on me





We had a great time in Mississippi with Steve's parents last week! The girls and I left on Sunday July 30th and came back the following Sunday. 10 hours alone in a car with a 3 and 5 year old is a challenge, but we did really well. Steve figured out how to set up their V-Smile to the DVD player and that kept them entertained for a long time. They did have to give their mom a break from hearing the ding ding noise of the games after a while! Tony took the whole week off while we were there and the girls had a great time riding around on the "wagon" on the back of his riding lawn mower and helping him to make flower beds. They are really good helpers. We also went to a water park while we were there and to Build-A-Bear. The girls thought that was great. They both got a Hello Kitty and some clothes for them. We also did alot of crafting with Memaw Cecily and made necklaces and played dress up. It was so neat to see where they live now (quite a change from Michigan) and to help them move in a little bit! They live in a new addition and it looks alot like the ones you would find in Oklahoma and then there is a wooded area behind them where a farmer lives and the cows come over to the fence every morning to say hi! I also learned that Mississippi folk think that any kind of tea besides sweet tea is just crazy. I asked for my usual Large tea with extra ice (from sonic of course), and they brought me sweet tea. I asked them if they had unsweetened and they said yea with this look of disgust on their face. The carhop came back with my UNsweetened tea with a hand full of sweet and low, just in case I changed my mind I guess. I laughed so hard! All in all it was a great time, and nice to get away on a relaxing vacation with no plans! Now back to shopping for school supplies and getting everyone ready to go back to school! I couldn't get my photos on to my blog for some reason to post, but steve did upload them to our photo gallery if you would like to see some!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home