Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wet Weekend




We had a fun weekend. We bought a new Slip and slide on Saturday (the old one had a hole in it). We have decided that a slip and slide is the way to go verses a kiddie pool. Here are our reasons: 1) it doesn't matter if grass gets on it. 2) you don't have to clean the dead bugs out of it...just simply slide them off. 3) It has a dual purpose..you can also water your yard at the same time, just move it around periodically. 4) Keeps kids busy alot longer! 5) Mom and Dad can use it too!
The girls played with some neighbors in the front yard on the slip and slide on Saturday. On Sunday, we moved it to the back yard so that the neighbors wouldn't be offended when I got into my bathing suit. I have to say I like having the 2 sides on it so that we can race each other. Steve and I raced a couple of times then we each raced the girls. Then we decided that since it was brand new, we should probably not break it on the first weekend we have it! :) We did have a lot of fun though! Josh, Camdyn, and Carter came over on Sunday before evening church and we played with them. Unfortunatly Steve caught me on camera and some how was lucky enough not to be caught himself. I guess I should work on my spy techniques! On another note. My Physical Therapy is going well. He has given me some exercises to do and although they hurt, I do them. I'm determined to get my muscles under control again. Instead of the stabbing and burning pain that I normally have I just have muscle soreness which he says is a good thing. I go on Wednesday and Friday and then see how many more times he thinks I will need. Steve and I have started walking at night (he pulls the girls in the wagon). It started out as a leisurly thing and has become some what of a nightly ritual. We walked about 2-2 1/2 miles last night before it got dark. It was a beautiful night! Maybe once my back feels good all the time I'll get back in to working out regularly. That's all for now! Love to you all!

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger bkumor said...

Cool! We've got to get one of those. I don't like pools. And maybe if someone gets us a wagon(hint), John will take us walking, too. That sounds relaxing.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger jessica said...

Hey Kumor Family,
Just a little advice on the use of the slip and slide, be careful! Jonathan was playing on ours once a few summers ago and pulled a muscle in his stomach so bad I had to take him to the ER. They thought he may have tore his spleen. He was fine after a week or too. The best part of all was explaining to the Dr. in the ER how he injured himself. (the Dr.'s english wasn't good and he had no idea what a slip and slide was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home