Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Decorating Stockings/ Stone Soup







My fear came true. I was always afraid that the girls would have 2 different things going on in their classrooms at the same time and only 1 Mommy to be there taking pictures. Jillian's class was decorating their stockings preparing them for candy/ trinket handouts later in the week. Abby's class had just finished the story "Stone Soup" and was making it in class. Jillian's class was suppose to have plenty of helpers and I was just going to be there to take pictures of Jillian while she made her stocking. The other Mom's didn't show up so it was just me and the homeroom Mom. Since we were the only 2 there, they let our children go first. I was hoping Jillian would go later since Abby's class was already making stone soup. No fear! Jillian got started and was being very careful as she worked. Which was great except it made the decorating go slow. Jillian finally finished and I ran to Abby's room to try to catch some of the stone soup. Abby was sad that i was late. She said "you told me you would be here and you weren't". I told her that I was here now and so sorry that I was late, but sister has things going on in her classroom too! I managed to get a few pictures of the end of Stone soup and help quickly clean up and head back to jillian's room to help the only other Mom that was there with the stockings and lots of little Kindergartners. It was crazy, but fun. I'm glad I got to go to both events, but will try to plan better in the future! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home