Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My baby in Pre-K?





You have to be kidding me?! How can my 3 pound baby be 4 years old already? She was so ready for school. She would have gone when she was 2 with Abby if I had let her. She has the same teacher at the same school as Abby had when she was in Pre-K. I really thought that I wouldn't cry because I knew she was ready to go to school and since I already knew the teacher, I thought for sure that I could hold it together. Then, they had that quiet time again and I prayed for my baby as I have done many times, but again, I could not choke back the lump in my throat. As I looked away from Jillian after the prayer, I noticed that I was not alone. Many Moms felt the same way. The teacher read the book "The Kissing Hand" and had us put a heart shaped sticker on their name tag and exchange hand kisses to get us thru the day. I was finally OK. I left the classroom and then started to get choked up again. So I got in the car and "got myself together". I drove 2 feet and pulled the car over and let the waterworks begin.

Any of you that know Jillian, know that she can handle her own in any situation, so I really wasn't worried about her. I just couldn't imagine where the time had gone. plus, she is my last baby and it was bitter sweet.

I picked her up from school and watched as the shortest one in the class walked like a big girl to the pole and waited for me to pull up. As I got closer I noticed she was sticking her tounge out at me. I had missed her?! I told her that I was sure she didn't like that school and that she wanted to stay at home with me forever (sarcastically of course). She immediatly said NOOOO! I said "did you have a good day, then"? She said, "yep, I didn't even get into trouble". I agreed, that was a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home