Friday, August 24, 2007

I know, I know




I'm very behind! I was doing well for a while, then we went on vacation, and I feel like I have been playing the catch - up game ever since. I will quickly catch you up on our summer fun and then I'm starting from present day! That way I don't feel too overwhelmed! The month of June it rained! It rained so much and we got so bored of being inside that one afternoon when it was raining, I put the girl's swimsuits on and let them play in the rain. When it started thundering and lightning, we came inside.
Our 4th of July was great! We went to the parade and then went to my parents house to eat lunch and play games. Jillian has been on a " I want to play the violin" kick, so my dad brought out the fiddle (or maybe violin...what is the difference?) that my Grandpa gave him. It is a youth size, but as you can tell, still too big for Jillian.


Then it was off to Branson. We met up with Steve's parents and his Aunt and Uncle. His Aunt and Uncle (Mary and Jerry) came from Michigan and brought their boat. Needless to say the first few days were mainly spent tubing, skiing, and trying to wake board. Tht is Steve riding the tube with Jillian. if you look closely you can see her little head. Steve and his dad and uncle went fishing alot and us girls spent most of our time with the girls in the swimming pool at the condo or shopping. i got the girls all ready for school at the outlet malls that they have there. Jillian got so exhausted one day that she fell asleep on my lap in the boat. My pedicure that I got before we left was in vain. On the 2nd day I ripped a nice chunck of my big toenail off with the tube and then stepped on a hinge in the boat wrong and got a nice open wound on the bottom of my big toe. Steve and I did go to the Titanic musuem together and really enjoyed it. We also saw a show with all broadway hits (my favorite) and saw the Twelve Irish Tenors. Both shows were great. While we were there we took the girls to Celebration City. Smaller and ALOT cheaper than Silver Dollar City. they had lots of rides for the kids and some really cool shows too. We really liked their night time show with lasers.






August was spent getting school supplies and getting ready for back to school. I think that catches me up to this week. Check out the next posts for the first day of school photos.

There!! You happy now all you people that have been bugging me about not updating?!

Just Kidding! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home