Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Big First Grader



Abby was so excited for the first day of school! I have to say that I was a little aprehensive about her going all day to school. I really did kind of miss her. It's wierd not seeing her for a whole day. Jillian was pretty happy for the first couple of hours...no one to fight with, then she was ready for Abby to come home. Abby told us all about her day and especially the cafeteria. She loves being able to eat lunch there. She is in a different kind of first grade class called "Team Time". I will find out more about it on the parent information night. Apparently she will learn everything that the other 1st graders learn, but atleast 2 times a week she will be with the other team time kids (one in each grade) and learn things with these older kids. there is one team time class for every grade and unless we pull her out, she will be in team time for the rest of her elementary time. That means that she will already know who her 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers are and will be used to working with them. Abby's Pre-K teacher said that this was really great and that she is glad she is in it. So far, Abby has only talked about the cafeteria and the kids in her class. All the papers she has brought home have had a perfect grade on them, so I guess I'm not concerned. I did cry when I dropped her off, but she didn't see. She just smiled and said "bye, Mommy"! I stayed for the rise and shine time in the gym (she was in the cafeteria last year. They have a little "quiet time" every day before they sing songs and then dismiss to class. This is a time where you can pray, meditate, or just have quiet time. I, of course started prayed for Abby to have a good day, make good choices, etc.... Then, I had to stop for fear that I wouldn't be able to hold myself together. When I picked her up, she was so excited and couldn't wait to go back. I'm glad to see that at least one of us was ready for her to go to all day school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home