Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School











Whew! 11 posts later, and I'm finally on the last post (for right now, anyways). Last Wednesday was the girls' first day of school. Both of them have really good teachers and were so excited to go! This was the first year that I didn't cry. Abby is a 2nd grader this year, still in team time. That is really nice because her class will be pretty much the same kids until 5th grade. Since they do "team projects" 2-3 times a week with the other grades (1-5), she already knew her teacher and her teacher squealed (yes squealed) when Abby came to Information day. I think she will have an awesome year. She told me she loves her teacher because she is funny. I'm thinking you need a good sense of humor to teach 2nd graders.
Jillian is so excited to be in the "big school" with Abby. All she talked about this summer is that she would get to be at the pole with Abby at the end of the day for pick up. Steve had a Dr's appointment Wednesday afternoon, and took the rest of the day off (he had use it or lose it hours, belive it or not), so he got to go with us to drop off Jillian for the first day of Kindergarten. It was the first time that he has been able to go, and thought it was really neat to see what all they do. Jillian had a new teacher this year. She is new to the school, but not new to teaching. We ran into her at Mardel's the day after Information day. I'm thinking that's a good sign! She seems really sweet, Jillian loves her and she remembered Jillian's name outside of school after only meeting her once. Like I said, I think this will be a great year. We did have a couple of first day "hiccups". Abby called me from school about 12:00, and told me that she broke her shoe on the playground, and could I bring her a new pair (one extra trip to the school). Jillian came home with a band-aid on her leg from falling off the monkey bars and landing on the rocks. What a first day!
I was really proud of myself. I did NOT sign up for homeroom Mom this year. That is a HUGE deal for me. I have always been the homeroom Mom for one of my children. i signed up to bring things for the party or help with them, but not to be in charge of them. Steve was very impressed. I have just decided that it is too much with working as much as I do during the school year.
Here's too another great school year! Hope you all had a great first day!

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Gina said...

"I'm thinking you need a good sense of humor to teach 2nd graders."
Um, you need a good sense of humor to teach....period! That or be diagnosed with some sort of mental illness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home