Friday, August 01, 2008

Anniversary and Stitches







Really, does the title surprise you? Steve and I went to Lake Tenkiller for a few days of R&R for our anniversary. It was really hot! We did float down the Illinois river one day, hung out at the cabin, and went fishing. I managed to read almost an entire book while Steve fished. He even caught fish in my presence! That was a first! Everytime he has taken me fishing (even to the spots he "always" catches fish), he never catches any when I'm there. We were so excited, it appeared that I was not bad luck after all! Steve wanted to go out 1 more time to fish, and I said it was fine with me, but I was getting too hot. I decided to stay in the cabin (with the AC), he would go fishing and we would meet up for a nice dinner. Close to the meeting time, I hear the key card in the lock and get up to greet Steve. My first question is "should I be concerned that you have a sock on your head"? He pulled the sock away (which was clean before this), to reveal his lovely adventure. his lure had gotten stuck on a rock and he was waving his pole back and forth to "unstick" it, and the line came back with a force and the lead weight hit him in the forehead. After I stopped laughing, we went to the local convience store and bought hydrogen peroxide and Q-tips. I cleaned him up and put a band-aid on him and we just decided to stay in for the rest of the night. We were going home the next day, and we ended up at mercy after hours (again) to the tune of 3 stitches. I told him he was lucky...I could have put a princess band-aid on his head! Only us! At least we can laugh at ourselves!

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Mike Morton said...

OK... you guys HAVE to stop this! You're making it look like you're doing this on purpose now! :-) I'll try and remember to wear a helmet next time I go fishing with you. Might get a motorcylce helmet with the plastic sheild! :-P I guess now we know that STEVE is the one with the bad luck... not Cheryl?

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger bkumor said...

Hey, this is the best i can do to contact you. I've lost all my contacts and rarely take time to call people, but check blogs, so could you call or shoot me an e-mail if you think about it?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger The Noodle said...

OH MY COW!!!! I thought I was accident prone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home