Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whoa!!!!

Well, let me see if I can catch you all up. Why hasn't she blogged, you ask? Where to begin. As if the first 3 months of this year were not enough, life got crazy again. On the date of the last blog, I left for Regional Competition for the weekend (Dallas). Leann was watching the girls until Steve got home from work, and it was Date night at the church that night, so he had it pretty easy. I was enjoying a break from the everyday life and loving only worring about myself. During a break in watching the Quartet competition, I thought I should check my cell phone and see if I missed any calls. Yes I did, 5 from Steve!!! YIKES!!!! What happened now?! I called him back and he told me that Abby ripped her toenail back at the date night and it was bleeding badly and she needed to talk to me, then he wanted to talk to me again so don't hang up. OK, no biggie. Talked to Abby, got her calmed down, all was good. Steve got back on the phone to tell me that he got into a car accident on his way home. I told him that wasn't funny to which he replied that he was not joking. Luckily, his car was still driveable since I had the van in Dallas. Long story short, he ended up with some back and neck problems and is in PT, had injections in his neck for the pain/ swelling, and just feeling crappy. Now I have been doing the yard work in all my "spare time". In May, we were going to KS to see 2 of my cousins graduate from HS. The week before, I lost my Aunt Sharon. She was a wonderful person, and I never saw her give into her disese of MS. She fought it all the was and was a shining example to us all. We left on a Saturday to go to the graduation, and Steve was going to come home on Sunday so that he could go to work, and the girls, me and my parents were going to stay until Tuesday for the funeral. Steve got really sick on Saturday and I ended up driving him home that night. I took him to Mercy After Hours where he was diagnosed with Double Pneumonia. A shot and several medicines later, we were sent home. You need another good reason for not blogging? OK, I was working one afternoon and the computer froze up. I rebooted and did everything I could think of, and decided that it had to wait for Steve. The fan went out and burned up the processor, mother board, hard drive and back up hard drive (our back up for our pictures and videos!!!!). We had to buy a new computer because I have to have one for work. If the kids were still in school, I could just go into the office, but I can't afford a babysitter to go into work. Got that taken care of, and Steve is still holding on to hope that we haven't lost everything (thank goodness for blogs, i guess). Now we have an external hard drive to back up on (not a feature on our old one). We went to 6 flags with Steve's parents for Memorial day weekend. We had a great time. The first minute into the park the girls spotted Tweety and wanted their picture taken. Cheryl apparently had too much sunscreen on her hands still and the camera went flying doing cartwheels across the lovely asphalt. As the song says "and another one bites the dust". I guess that we haven't spent enough money in medical bills so all of our electronics felt left out! But, now we have a new camera and computer, so hopefully I'll be blogging like normal. I'll have to see what pictures that we still have and update with pictures on the next post. Now you know what we've been busy with!

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Mike Morton said...

I wouldn't want to be Steve's insurance company (medical, car, life, etc.) right now. Maybe it's time to invest in a "life bubble for him." :-) Just kidding...

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger bkumor said...

Oh, my! I'm sorry you guys are having a tough time. That makes me wonder if we have an external hard drive on our computer. I should look into that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home